Middle of the long weekend. We decided to take the rest of the windows down and clean ’em up and get them painted. $15 of rattle can later we get them all done minus the emergency window. We weren’t able to finish up all the work so we put up some cardboard to keep any possible water out.
I think this was the 2nd day. We got the windows out and figured out how to replace the window thumb locks. Basically you take the springs out. We’re going to do a video to show basic break down of a window and the painting process. I cleaned up all of the rust behind the old insulation. Looks like the little bit of rust was caused by open windows.
Took out the windows and the panels to get behind. Had to rip out the old weather stripping on the bottom of the windows. The screws for the panel were underneath it. Most of it was in good shape, only a couple of the screws/areas had rust damage. Overall still impressed with the lack of rust on the bus. Long day of angle grinding for the first time and cleaning up the metal and getting windows ready for painting.
Posting this late. Matt and I started on the bus. The first day of real work was spent removing the seats and the ceiling shell.
We also needed to replace the oil pressure sensor. Took the part into the local Navistar/International dealer.
Matt sanded down the old insulation and we managed to remove the rest of the chairs with the help of our roommate Jake. He hopped under the bus and saw that we had a nut on the end of the bolts, so we hunkered down and just had someone on the bottom holding the nuts in place.