Month: September 2011

  • Last weekend and last of the windows

    Matt and I had a plan of action for this weekend.  Getting the windows taken care of and being able to move onto the floors. Matt was able to get a lot of the windows disassembled while I worked on my car. We had removed all the windows on Friday night after work so he […]

  • Some more shots from our first day

    These are some other shots from our first day of work.  Tearing seats out, taking the ceiling off and taking out the insulation.  Also some engine shots as well as the old rusted out radiator surge tank (also, I had a heck of a time trying to figure out the name for that little metal […]

  • Parts and parts

    These pictures are from a couple of weeks ago.  We discovered that the oil pressure sensor was broken (we originally thought it might be oil temp).  I showed the new one in some previous pictures but I wanted to show off the old one as well.  It took a little figuring to get it sorted […]

  • Dent

    The bus has a dent (it looks like a large tree branch or possibly a tree fell on it?) on the passenger side about the middle of the bus.  We’re planning to straighten it back out using a hydraulic bottle jack with a 2×4 on the end of it.  Some shaping hammers should help with […]

  • Short hiatus

    Decided to take a short hiatus while we were getting a ridiculous amount of rain.  Almost couldn’t leave work because the streets were flooded so badly.  You would think Tampa road commission or city planners would prepare to drain the streets considering there is a serious rainy season here?

  • Day 5

    Installed the Emergency window before work and got a picture in.  Was talking with Verizon about why my dvr wouldn’t activate and decided to get some work in while waiting. Matt is installing the emergency window in the last picture.  The screw holes weren’t lined up in the right spot.  We decided to shuffle the […]

  • Day 4

    Got out of work early on Monday and just busted ass to get all of the windows up and finished.  Matt had read in a post on http://skoolie.net about someone putting up some screening over their windows.  One user had actually hand built screens with the frames and then he saw someone just install it with […]

  • Day 3 of work

    Middle of the long weekend. We decided to take the rest of the windows down and clean ’em up and get them painted. $15 of rattle can later we get them all done minus the emergency window.  We weren’t able to finish up all the work so we put up some cardboard to keep any […]

  • Removing Windows

    I think this was the 2nd day.  We got the windows out and figured out how to replace the window thumb locks.  Basically you take the springs out.  We’re going to do a video to show basic break down of a window and the painting process.  I cleaned up all of the rust behind the […]

  • First day of real work

    Posting this late.  Matt and I started on the bus.  The first day of real work was spent removing the seats and the ceiling shell.   We also needed to replace the oil pressure sensor.  Took the part into the local Navistar/International dealer. Matt sanded down the old insulation and we managed to remove the […]