Category: body work

  • Battery cables

    We had to make battery cables from scratch. We ended up having to buy a heat gun to get the heat shrink tubing to shrink as fast as we liked. Surprisingly easy to do and you end up with some really nice cables with great conductivity and nice secure connections.

  • More pics from painting and mounting the tank

  • First nice day.Prep work.

    First nice day in what felt like ages. Sun was shining, upper 30’s. Snow melting Cleaned the boxes out and game planned what we needed to get done and what needed to be bought. So much of the time is just spent trying to figure out how to accomplish what you want to accomplish.

  • February Awning Installation / Photodump

    Quick photo dump. Awning arrived and we installed it after getting back from our Tampa trip.

  • Getting ready to paint, or why we’re building redneck rain protection

    So, we couldn’t find anyone to do a paint job that wasn’t going to cost anything approaching reasonable. We wouldn’t have been looking for someone else to paint, but we have this huge oak tree in the back yard that drops gobs of shit constantly. We went ahead and built ourselves a redneck paint/rain protector. […]

  • Weekend Work – Por15

    Matt and I ended up doing the doors and security @ The Bricks in Ybor for their Tampa AM event. , after a long saturday night and some rest we decided to head out to the bus and get some Por15 down on the floors. Por15 is rust treatment and sealant, I think it also has some […]

  • Weekend of the 13th

    Slow weekend for work on the bus.  Matt did most of the work.  Cleaning up the floors some more.  He angle grinded off the remainder of some heads from screw and he cleaned up some rust spots.  We still need to go in and clean up the floors the rest of the way and puddle […]

  • Dent in roof

    So, after a brief hiatus we got back to it last week and decided to knock this dent out. The X’s in the picture indicate leaks.  We sat in the bus during a heavy storm to see where our water was coming in. Some folks over at the forums suggested using a jack stand […]

  • Last weekend and last of the windows

    Matt and I had a plan of action for this weekend.  Getting the windows taken care of and being able to move onto the floors. Matt was able to get a lot of the windows disassembled while I worked on my car. We had removed all the windows on Friday night after work so he […]

  • Some more shots from our first day

    These are some other shots from our first day of work.  Tearing seats out, taking the ceiling off and taking out the insulation.  Also some engine shots as well as the old rusted out radiator surge tank (also, I had a heck of a time trying to figure out the name for that little metal […]